Exploring Chaos Theory in the Music Genome Project

Exploring the Music Genome Project, Using Chaos Theory and a lot of Time on my Hands

8/22/2010

Music Chaos Theory: A Hello Cranked to 11

This is the embarking on a grand delusion, the start of an impossible dream to live the easy life; listening to music and writing out the imaginings, exploring the interconnectedness of as many differing styles as I can cram into my poor little ear holes (and yours, if I may). The Music Genome Project has become my mistress, the muse of this quest, and Chaos Theory has influenced the experimental qualities. Every experimental step I describe here, be it evolving or corrupting the sound of a given song or artist, is 100% reproducible, at your own discretion.
Also on this site, I'll give my personal recommendations as to exemplary representations in each genre I investigate. That is to say, I'll be telling you who is a KICK ASS band or artist, in my none-too humble opinion. Feel free to give your suggestions for any song or artist you think I should explore.
You may ask what qualifies me for this undertaking? Not a damn thing makes me special, nothing makes me inadequate. I'm the same as a majority of you out there reading this, just a fan of music, art, literature, and physics. Since I view them as likened loves, this is nothing abnormal or special to me. Currently, I am unemployed, a more commonly occurring tragedy befalling people everywhere. After failing to qualify for the armed services, I told my girlfriend I was devoting my life to my passion for music, whether or not I made any money out of the ordeal. She calmly smiled, and encouraged me.
Now here we are. Kotton Mouth Kings blaring in my head phones, Blunt Force Trauma screaming to be next, and a sudden desire for the Victorian nobility feel of Pale Young Gentlemen sneaking back into my neurons. Come wealth or bankruptcy, I hope you enjoy, and take part in, this grand experiment.

1 comment: